Head Start/Early Head Start Regulation Boot Camp
7/27/2020 10:00 AM - 7/31/2020 03:00 PM (CT)
Type: Live Webinar
CPE Credits: 12
You asked, and we answered. Based on your feedback, we took our large group training and built this 3-day online boot camp to blend regulations, best practices and action planning with the opportunity to ask your questions.
If you are new, if you have been around awhile and want a refresher, if you are program oriented, if you are fiscal oriented — welcome. There will be something for everyone.
HS and EHS are some of the largest federally funded programs. The Head Start Act and the Head Start Program Performance Standards (HSPPS) contain pages and pages of guidelines that HS/EHS programs need to follow to stay in compliance. The goal is to help you get comfortable with these guidelines.
Participants declare Wipfli training “empowering,” “outstanding,” “meaningful,” “invaluable” and “relevant.” Join us from the comfort of your location. Sign up today!
Regular rate: $795 per person.
*Wipfli accepts AmEx, Discover, Visa and Mastercard.
Registration fees include:
- Up to 12 CPE credits in accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. CPE credits are granted based on a 50-minute hour.
- Training workbook.
- Reference materials (any PowerPoint presentations and/or additional references) available for download.
- Refreshment breaks.
Cancellations made after July 20, 2020, will be charged a $100-per-person cancellation fee. If you cancel, you may send a substitute from your organization. Participants who register but neither attend nor cancel are charged for their full registration fee. Call 888.876.4992 for questions about this policy.
Virtual – We will send you the link prior to the training.
Monday, July 27, 2020
10:00 a.m. – 12 p.m. CT: HS History, Regulations HS Follows and Governance
1:00 – 3:00 p.m. CT: The Culture of Safety and Continuous Improvement
Wednesday, July 29, 2020
10:00 a.m. – 12 p.m. CT: HR Compliance in HS
1:00 – 3:00 p.m. CT: Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment, Attendance (ERSEA)
Friday, July 31, 2020
10:00 a.m. – 12 p.m. CT: Program Design (Health, Nutrition, Parent Involvement, Ratios, etc.)
1:00 – 3:00 p.m. CT: Community Involvement AKA In-Kind and Wrap-Up
Training Workshop Outline
12-Hour Virtual Head Start Boot Camp
Advanced Preparation: None
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
CPE*: 12 credit(s)
When you are implementing these regulations, there are numerous things to consider, including how decisions impact your program. In this boot camp, we will explore the Head Start Act and give you time to learn where to find information and dig into the details once you are back at the office. And since the Head Start Act goes hand-in-hand with the HSPPS, we will explore the highlights of all of the HSPPS (45 CFR Parts 1301-1305). And though this is not a two-day Uniform Guidance (UG) training, we will certainly highlight areas of the UG regulations (45 CFR Part 75) in the areas of allowable costs and procurement.
The goal is to help you get comfortable with what HS/EHS programs need to follow to stay in compliance. We will pay special attention to the following areas:
- Definitions (They sometimes differ depending on the regulation.)
- Administrative requirements (administrative limitations, spending of federal funds, and nonfederal match [aka in-kind])
- Power and functions (governing body, policy council, policy committees and administrative reports)
- ERSEA (eligibility, recruitment, selection, enrollment, attendance)
- Records (what to keep, how to keep them and for how long)
- Qualifications and wages (background check, minimum staff requirements)
From running the program to working with the board and policy council to collaborating with the fiscal department, this boot camp will help you discover action items to take back to the program to help you get up to speed and make an impact.
- Explore how the Head Start Act and the HSPPS impact each other and your program.
- Discuss how working with each department enhances the overall impact of the program.
- Take away ideas, thoughts and best practices of ongoing leadership about these requirements.
Be Prepared: Wipfli Mobile App
All reference materials (any PowerPoint presentations and/or additional references) for this training workshop will be available via our mobile training app. Two weeks before the training you will receive an email invitation to access the app. For your convenience, you will also have access to the materials for two weeks following the training workshop.