Tribal gaming commission roles and surveillance
3/8/2021 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM (CT)
Type: Live Webinar
CPE Credits: 2
Seats Remaining: 500
Name: Sophia Thompson
Training Seminar Outline
Advanced Preparation: None
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
CPE*: 2.0 credit
Do the strategic goals of your tribal gaming commission focus on creating maximum impact? Are you structured for proper regulation and to meet the goals of your tribe? Do you have the proper gaming ordinance, charter and team members to succeed?
Surveillance is an instrumental component of a successful tribal gaming commission. Regulatory oversight using the resources of the surveillance system is key to ensuring the tribal gaming commission monitors all aspects of policy, regulation and internal control compliance.
It takes a lot of work, coordination and know-how — including building a culture of collaboration, resource development and collective problem solving.
This four-part webinar series will focus on tribal gaming and issues we frequently see in the industry. We will also discuss how COVID-19 has changed the industry and what that means for the future.
- Discover different ways tribal gaming commissions are structured and what may be the best fit for your tribe.
- Assess and identify what your organization should stop doing that takes focus away from your critical strategies.
- Understand the risk-based approach to surveillance operations in order to implement a maximum oversight impact plan using an efficient and effective strategy.
- Discuss the various roles and responsibilities of the surveillance department and the various organizational structures available, depending on the tribal gaming commission’s and the casino’s financial and labor resources.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for gaming commission and internal auditors but can be beneficial to a wide variety of casino personnel. Some other positions that will benefit are compliance officers, gaming inspectors, gaming commissioners, general managers, departmental managers, finance department, revenue auditors and anyone who would benefit to be informed on the gaming commission best practices and surveillance function.
- Grant Eve, Partner
- Joseph Busby, Chief Compliance Officer, Foxwoods Resort and Casino: Joe Busby has more than 15 years of experience in the gaming industry having worked in both tribal and commercial gaming in multiple jurisdictions His experience has been focused mainly in regulatory compliance including; internal and external audit, anti-money laundering, and risk assessments. Joe also has a background in surveillance, law enforcement and public accounting. He holds many certifications, including; Certified Internal Auditor (IIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (ACFE), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS), Gaming Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ICGIP), Certified Gaming Commissioner (NIGA), and a master’s degree in business management.
$200 session/per person
Notice of cancellation must be received 24 hours prior to start time of the webinar for a full refund of registration fees. If Wipfli cancels the webinar, you will be notified 24 hours prior to the webinar via email. All registration fees will be refunded. For questions or concerns, please contact Sophia Thompson at Sophia.email@example.com or 406.205.4472.
To receive continuing professional education (CPE) credits (live webinars only), you will need to complete each polling question and click submit during the live training.
The webinar must be paid in full to receive CPE credits. You will receive a certificate via e-mail within 14 business days of the webinar presentation.
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Wipfli LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the national Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
Instructional Delivery: Group Internet-Based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaint, cancellation, and refund policies, please contact us.