Assessing and managing risk
Please join us for this year's BSA Workshop: Assessing and Managing Risk. We offer a few different workshops including the Mastering the Basics Webinar, BSA - Advanced Topics and Emerging Trends and a new Atlanta Two-Day BSA workshop. See session details and timing below:
Mastering the Basics
This workshop is perfect for the BSA Officer who is new to the position or for BSA compliance staff who serve as backup to the BSA Officer. We will cover all areas needed to gain a good understanding of the roles and responsibilities of this position, including properly completing CTRs and SARs, documenting comprehensive SAR investigations, understanding the importance of high-risk monitoring, managing CIP and beneficial ownership exceptions, developing an effective employee training program and much more.
BSA – Advanced Topics and Emerging Trends
This workshop is designed to be a higher-level overview of the day-to-day responsibilities of the BSA Officer and is dedicated to emerging hot topics and trends that face the banking industry. We will cover the areas needed to provide you a good understanding of your roles and responsibilities and what examiner expectations are of this position, including:
- Beneficial ownership frequently asked questions and common exam findings.
- Management of CIP exceptions.
- New foreign customer W8BEN requirements.
- Your institution’s role in combating human trafficking.
- Customer due diligence requirements for banking hemp growers and CBD oil sellers.
- Understanding of the implications of banking Tier II marijuana businesses, such as employees and vendors.
- Understanding of virtual currency customers.
- Tips for internally validating your automated surveillance monitoring systems.
- Overview of regulatory enforcement actions.
All participants will receive an updated copy of the Wipfli BSA/AML Policy, which includes a comprehensive cannabis (hemp and marijuana) policy.
Who should attend?
BSA officers, backup BSA officers, compliance officers, and internal auditors
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Registration and continental breakfast (for on-site locations only)
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. BSA Workshop
Noon - 1:00 p.m. Lunch provided for on-site locations only. Break for lunch time during webinar.
Dates and locations
Please join your colleagues and Wipfli compliance professionals on the date and at the location most convenient for you. Click the links below for session details and to register:
- Mastering the basics webinar: July 8, 2020 Online live webinar presenters: Robin Guthridge and Kristen Ferwerda
- BSA – Advanced topics and emerging trends workshop: July 9, 2020 On-site live Wisconsin Dells, WI presenters: Robin Guthridge and Kristen Ferwerda
- BSA – Advanced topics and emerging trends workshop: July 15, 2020 On-site live Utica, IL presenters: Robin Guthridge and Kristen Ferwerda
- BSA – Advanced topics and emerging trends webinar: August 6, 2020 Online live webinar presenters: Robin Guthridge and Kristen Ferwerda
Please contact Mary Boortz at 715.858.6677 or email@example.com.