Drive strategic growth while satisfying safety and soundness goals with direction from a proven team of capital planning professionals.
While Capital Planning may be performed as a stand-alone activity, corporate governance and risk management best practices recommend the linkage of your strategic plan, enterprise risk management plan and other key bank policies. Wipfli professionals can assist with the linkage, including the following:
- Capital distributions policy (dividends, stock buybacks, stock redemptions)
- Transition and impact of Basel III capital rules
- Create or modify a capital plan including reporting on the capital plan policy targets
- Capital ratios
- Impact of proposed dividend and distribution levels
- Contingency planning
- Evaluate sources of additional capital
- Forecast future capital levels
- Educate boards of directors on capital planning concepts, regulatory guidelines, and corporate governance
Consulting services develop unique capital targets and create capital plan policies for the long-term success of client institutions.
Featured Thought Leader
Sara Mikuta, CPA, CGMA, CIA, CRMASara Mikuta leads the risk advisory services team for Wipfli’s financial institutions practice and leads the Chicago market’s financial institutions practice. Her team is responsible for the development and delivery of internal audit, regulatory compliance examination, loan portfolio, information technology, and fiduciary and trust services.