Maximizing tax strategies and incentives.
Confidently approach the complexities of an ever-shifting tax environment with a team of proven experts. Teams develop proactive tax strategies, minimizing risk, increasing cash flow and finding opportunities to save money.
Manufacturing tax specialists, skilled in a wide array of tax services, integrate compliance and proactive planning with strategic advice to maximize tax savings.
Teams view effective tax planning as a year-round process. Experts continually monitor developments in the tax area and proactively advise clients of the implications. With a robust manufacturing tax services team, encompassing diverse, specialized expertise, clients have access to resources on various tax issues whenever they are needed.
The manufacturing tax services team specializes in tax issues directly related to manufacturing including:
- Selection of optimal accounting methods
- Selection of beneficial inventory methods
- Minimizing the impact of the complex uniform capitalization adjustments
- Managing state and local tax exposure and risk
- Maximizing the use of research and development tax credits
- Obtaining tax and cash flow benefits with cost segregation studies
- Maximizing the domestic production activities deduction
- Maximizing the use of other special credits and incentives
- Navigating international taxation
- Tax implications of foreign activities and presence
- Tax-efficient structuring and restructuring of new ventures, operations, or the expansion of existing operations
Featured Thought Leader
Craig A. Cookle, CPA
With over 28 years of experience, Craig serves as the leader of Wipfli's State and Local Tax service. Prior to joining Wipfli in 2005, Craig was the director of the Wisconsin sales and use tax practice of a national accounting firm. Prior to that, he was a field auditor with the Wisconsin Department of Revenue. This knowledge and experience enable him to consistently provide value to his clients in terms of state and local tax savings and efficient resolution of state audits.