Discover. Preserve. Report.
No business is immune to fraud. And when it happens, you need a digital forensics team to cut through the complex systems and electronic data to get the factual evidence you need for investigations, litigation and damage analysis.
Need to extract deleted, encrypted, fragmented or damaged information? Looking to establish event timelines that could serve as evidence in internal or criminal investigations, employment litigation or intellectual property disputes?
Wipfli provides national full-service digital forensic services supporting all aspects of an investigation including chain of custody, acquisitions, imaging, analysis and reporting, testimony, and archiving and preservation.
Wipfli’s digital forensic analysts use state-of-the-art tools and processes to identify, extract and analyze digital evidence from:
- Multiple operating system platforms, including Android, iOS, MacOS, Linux and Windows
- Physical and virtual servers (e.g., files, emails and databases), workstations and laptops
- Personal devices, including tablets and smartphones
- External locations, including cloud storage, hosted applications, websites and webmail
- External storage and backup media, including hard drives, USB devices and memory cards
- Social media
- Internet of things (IoT) devices.
Our team works as an extension of your team, following your vision and working toward your goals. Our clients consistently rate us highest in collaboration, communication and responsiveness — the personal touch you’d get from a smaller, boutique firm, but with the capabilities and resources of a national team.
In our dedicated digital forensics lab, our team can forensically image and examine a wide variety of hardware, virtualized environments, removable storage and nontraditional sources, such as IoT devices.
When you work with Wipfli’s digital forensics team, you can expect:
- Cost-effective solutions tailored to your specific requirements.
- A phased approach with multiple checkpoints in the process to ensure we are spending your client’s money and time wisely.
- Data extraction and preservation.
- Digital evidence analysis, such as deleted files and system logs.
- Expert witness testimony in legal proceedings or claims resolutions.
- Identification and mitigation of security incidents.
- Work when and where you need it, either in our digital forensics lab, in the field or remotely.
- Solutions tailored for specific industries, such as financial institutions, nonprofits, manufacturing companies and tribal governments.
We’re ready to help
Our digital forensics team is ready to start collecting, analyzing and preserving electronic data to investigate your security incident. And we’ll work with you on proactive solutions to protect your data and finances or meet compliance regulations.
Featured Thought Leader
Marc W. Courey, CPA/CFF, JD, LLM, CFE, CICA, CCEP, CIA
Marc has more than 25 years of diverse experience in forensic accounting, law practice, information technology systems, and corporate management. He has conducted financial forensic investigations and fraud risk assessments, and specializes in digital forensics, e-discovery, and litigation readiness preparedness.
Christina Solomon, CPA, CFF, CFE
Christina Solomon focuses on providing forensic advisory services, including forensic accounting and analysis, data analysis, fraud risk assessments, litigation and disputes, and investigations. She has over 20 years of experience working closely with clients and their boards, senior leadership and law firms on fraud and forensic matters. She helps clients mitigate risk, quantify exposure, assess root-causes and develop remediation plans, including strategies to strengthen compliance, governance and key internal controls.
Matthew D. Storlie, CFE, CIDA
With nearly 30 years of experience in business and accounting, fraud examinations, data analysis, internal audit, and IT systems, Matt Storlie assists clients with forensic services, internal investigations, computer forensics, e-discovery and litigation readiness, and fraud risk assessments. As one of the firm’s subject matter experts on data analytics, he utilizes his deep experience with IT systems, internal controls, and data analytics to develop proactive, risk-based anti-fraud models and programs, and is a certified data analyst of IDEA® software.
John Walther, EnCE, GCFE, GCFA, GSEC, OFE, CISSP, MCFE-AXIOM
John's diverse background in digital forensics, network security, compliance, and information technology allows him to provide a wide variety of client services including digital forensics, incident response, malware analysis, vulnerability assessments, network security assessments, penetration testing, social engineering, and a variety of audit-based services (NIST, COBIT, SOC 1, SOC 2, etc.).