Analyze your accounting records to reduce fraud, waste and abuse
Identify and prevent financial crimes — plus gather the evidence you need for legal proceedings — with Wipfli’s forensic accounting services.
We combine our investigative, digital and accounting skills to uncover financial irregularities, provide solutions and support you in legal proceedings.
Our analysis and monitoring of your electronic accounting system can also identify intentional or accidental errors or gaps in your controls to improve the accuracy of your accounting records.
Our team has the specialized experience to help you:
- Understand where potential errors or irregularities may exist in your electronic accounting records.
- Obtain, cleanse and analyze select files from vendor master files, employee master files, accounts payable and cash disbursements.
- Trace and identify assets, conduct asset recovery and perform due diligence reviews.
- Run anti-fraud tests using specialized data analytic tools and report findings for additional follow-up.
- Develop a risk-based testing model to ensure that you are able to effectively continue monitoring financial transactions going forward.
- Develop automated processes that will run the forensic testing and risk-based models on a recurring basis.
- Build customized forensic tests to target specific areas of concern.
- Implement recurring analysis to provide evidence that policies and procedures are implemented as designed.
Let’s get started
Our team has the specialized skills and experience to help you investigate or prevent financial crimes and support your litigation needs.
Featured Thought Leader
Marc W. Courey, CPA/CFF, JD, LLM, CFE, CICA, CCEP, CIA
Marc has more than 25 years of diverse experience in forensic accounting, law practice, information technology systems, and corporate management. He has conducted financial forensic investigations and fraud risk assessments, and specializes in digital forensics, e-discovery, and litigation readiness preparedness.
Matthew D. Storlie, CFE, CIDA
With nearly 30 years of experience in business and accounting, fraud examinations, data analysis, internal audit, and IT systems, Matt Storlie assists clients with forensic services, internal investigations, computer forensics, e-discovery and litigation readiness, and fraud risk assessments. As one of the firm’s subject matter experts on data analytics, he utilizes his deep experience with IT systems, internal controls, and data analytics to develop proactive, risk-based anti-fraud models and programs, and is a certified data analyst of IDEA® software.
Christina Solomon, CPA, CFF, CFE
Christina Solomon focuses on providing forensic advisory services, including forensic accounting and analysis, data analysis, fraud risk assessments, litigation and disputes, and investigations. She has over 20 years of experience working closely with clients and their boards, senior leadership and law firms on fraud and forensic matters. She helps clients mitigate risk, quantify exposure, assess root-causes and develop remediation plans, including strategies to strengthen compliance, governance and key internal controls.