Accelerate your clean energy strategies
Businesses today are putting environmental concerns front and center in their financial decision-making. New strategies and incentives are emerging to help you make smart financial and tax-planning decisions in light of changing energy regulations and new tax policies.
Wipfli tax and advisory professionals have a deep wealth of energy tax incentives knowledge and stay on top of changing requirements and opportunities. We can help you take advantage of tax credits and other incentives that support your strategies and help your business get the most from sustainability and clean energy initiatives. Below is an overview of those initiatives.
- Sec 45 Production tax credits; wind, solar, geothermal, hydropower, etc.
- Sec 48 Investment tax credits for solar, storage, biogas, fuel cells, etc
- Sec 45U Zero-emission nuclear power production credit
- Sec 45Y & 48E Technology neutral clean electricity production and investment credits
- Sec 48C Credit for manufacturing energy property including EV components, fuel cells, electric grids, etc
- Sec 45X Manufacturing credit for solar and wind components, batteries and critical minerals
Carbon Capture Hydrogen Production
- Sec 45Q Credit for carbon oxide sequestration (increased rates and lower thresholds)
- Sec 45V Clean hydrogen production credit
- Sec 40 Second generation biofuel credit
- Sec 40A and 6426 Biodiesel and renewable diesel; biodiesel mixture credit; alternative fuel credit
- Sec 40B Sustainable aviation fuel
- Sec 45Z Clean fuel production credit
Construction & Real Estate
- Sec 25C & 25D Individual credit for energy efficient homes
- Sec 45L New energy efficient home credit
- Sec 179D Energy efficient commercial builders deduction
- Sec 30D Electric Vehicles
- Sec 30C Charging and alternative fuel refueling stations
- Sec 25E Used electric vehicles
- Sec 45W Qualified commercial clean vehicles
We work with our clients at every step — offering tax advice and working with referral partners to help with all details. We’re prepared to help you establish your energy efficiency goals and create a road map to help you reach them. We offer:
We’re ready to help you accelerate your energy initiatives.
Featured Thought Leader
Since joining Wipfli in 2015, Andrew Seifert's focus has been assisting clients with complex tax issues. He specializes in federal and multi-state corporate and partnership tax compliance, accounting methods, tax research, and mergers and acquisitions. Andrew also assists with forensic investigations, loss calculations, contractual disputes, business policy development, regulatory compliance matters and litigation readiness. He is dedicated to assisting the firm's clients with their unique and challenging issues.
Doug Kolker, CPA
Doug Kolker focuses on research and experimentation (R&E) tax projects, allowing him to use his experience to help clients maximize the R&E tax credit. He assists manufacturing, technology and software companies nationwide to successfully reduce their tax liabilities by uncovering research and development (R&D) credits. Doug is also responsible for the overall planning, organization, supervision and completion of client engagements. He has a broad background in tax planning, working with closely held businesses, corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies.
Lauren Curley, CPA, MBA
Lauren Curley is a manager who performs a wide range of tax planning and compliance work for individuals and for businesses. Her particular focus is on dealerships and individuals with complex investment profiles, and she strives to provide comprehensive tax services to support her clients in all the various stages of their business and life.
Teri Samples, CPA
During the last 32 years, Teri Samples has built a solid reputation as a trusted advisor and consultant to leaders in the real estate and home-building industries. She often presents educational seminars on tax and cost segregation strategies to provide agents, brokers and owners with the information they need to best serve their clients.