Mastering the Basics - Beginner BSA Workshop
4/10/2018 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM (CT)
Type: Live Webinar
Industry: Financial Institutions
Seats Remaining: 464
Name: Mary Boortz
This workshop is perfect for the BSA Officer who is new to the position or for BSA compliance staff who serve as backup to the BSA Officer. We will cover all areas needed to gain a good understanding of the roles and responsibilities of this position, including proper CTR and SAR completion and writing comprehensive SAR narratives, procedures for exempting customers from currency transaction reporting and annual review requirements, 314(a) verification requirements, CIP verification and exception monitoring, and the impact of the beneficial ownership rule on CIP. We will also discuss the importance of high-risk customer identification and monitoring.
The webinar will be interactive, with ample opportunity for questions and answers for your most pressing BSA concerns.
This webinar will be great as a standalone seminar or as preparation for one of our BSA Workshops at three locations or our online webinar!
All participants will receive a copy of the Wipfli BSA Policy and gain an understanding of what a comprehensive written program should include.
Mastering the Basics Webinar
Advanced Preparation: None
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
CPE: 6.5 credits
1. Develop and implement a BSA written program and risk assessment that meets regulatory requirements.
2. Properly complete a CTR and SAR.
3. Identify, monitor and report suspicious activity.
4. Collect CIP documentation in accord with regulatory requirements.
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Wipfli LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the national Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
Instructional Delivery: Online.
For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaint, cancellation*, and refund policies, please contact Mary Boortz at 715.858.6677 or email@example.com.
Registration Fee: $249 per website connection Please Note: Price is per website connection. You may have multiple people in the room from YOUR ORGANIZATION ONLY
Registration fees include:
- Up to 6.5 CPE credits in accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. CPE credits are granted based on a 50-minute hour.
- All participants will receive a copy of the Wipfli BSA Policy and gain an understanding of what a comprehensive written program should include.
- Reference materials (any PowerPoint presentations and/or additional references).
Cancellations made after March 30, 2018 will be charged $100 per person cancellation fee. If you cancel, you may substitute from your organization. Participants who register but neither attend nor cancel are charged for their full registration fee. Call Mary Boortz at 715.858.6677 for questions about this policy.