BSA Workshop Assessing and Managing Risk - Webinar
4/26/2018 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (CT)
Type: Live Webinar
Industry: Financial Institutions
Seats Remaining: 425
Name: Mary Boortz
Please join your colleagues and Wipfli's compliance experts for a one-day workshop webinar.
Who Should Attend? BSA Officers, Backup BSA Officers, Compliance Officers, and Internal Auditors
BSA – Staying on Track
This workshop covers more advanced BSA topics such as money services businesses, virtual currency, video gaming, and banking for direct and indirect marijuana businesses. We will have deep-dive discussions on the Beneficial Ownership Rule rollout, establishment of a solid risk rating methodology, implementation of an effective high-risk monitoring program, and recent BSA enforcement actions. We will also review common CTR and SAR completion errors and discuss the importance of training across all lines of businesses. We will cover recordkeeping requirements for indirect monetary instrument sales and 314(a) and 314(b) requests. Finally, we will discuss examiner hot topics and emerging issues.
Workshop will Include the Following:
• A review of the updates to the BSA policy.
• Beneficial Ownership Rule implementation
challenges and frequently asked questions.
• Enhancing your risk assessment and
providing tools for your institution to use
in that process.
• Real-life examples of complex but common
CTR and SAR completion errors.
• Interactive SAR filing scenarios.
• Hot topics that affect the BSA regulatory
landscape in 2018, as well as recent
• Collecting due diligence on beneficial
owners and high-risk customers.
• Automated surveillance monitoring
examiner requirements and best practices.
• Guidance on how to prepare for—and
ace—your next regulatory exam.
All participants will receive a copy of the Wipfli BSA Policy and gain an understanding of what a comprehensive written program should include. Sessions will be interactive, with ample opportunity for
questions and answers about your most pressing BSA concerns.
"One of my favorite seminars. Explains and breaks down regulations in an easy to understand way." Jen Schaefer, First State Bank of Mendota
BSA Workshop Assessing and Managing Risk
Advanced Preparation: None
Level: Intermediate Instructional
Prerequisite: Basic BSA Knowledge/Attend Mastering the Basics Webinar
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
CPE: 6.5 credits
1. Identify and select best practice requirements for a comprehensive risk assessment.
2. Complete CTRs and SARs for complex scenarios.
3. Recognize how to identify, monitor and report suspicious activity via an automated surveillance system.
4. Apply and implement requirements of the beneficial ownership customer due diligence rule.
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Wipfli LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the national Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
Instructional Delivery: Online Webinar. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaint, cancellation*, and refund policies, please contact Mary Boortz at 715.858.6677 or email@example.com
Registration Fee: $249 per website connection Please Note: Price is per website connection. You may have multiple people in the room from YOUR ORGANIZATION ONLY
Registration fees include:
- Up to 6.5 CPE credits in accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. CPE credits are granted based on a 50-minute hour.
- All participants will receive a copy of the Wipfli BSA Policy and gain an understanding of what a comprehensive written program should include.
- Reference materials (any PowerPoint presentations and/or additional references).
Cancellations made after March 30, 2018 will be charged $100 per person cancellation fee. If you cancel, you may send a substitute from your organization. Participants who register but neither attend nor cancel are charged for their full registration fee. Call Mary Boortz at 715.858.6677 for questions about this policy.