BSA Workshop Assessing and Managing Risk - Advanced Topics and Emerging Trends Webinar
4/10/2019 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM (CT)
Type: Live Webinar
Industry: Financial Institutions
CPE Credits: 6.5
Seats Remaining: 432
Name: Mary Boortz
BSA compliance is about not just properly completing regulatory reports, but also being aware of the emerging trends that face the banking industry. This workshop is designed to be a higher-level overview of the day-to-day responsibilities of the BSA Officer and is dedicated to those high-risk pressing issues that worry you the most. We will cover the areas needed to provide you a good understanding of your roles and responsibilities and what examiner expectations are of this position, including:
• BSA roundup – discussing what’s new since last year
• Updates to the Beneficial Ownership Rule requirement, including addressing frequently asked questions and answering participant questions
• CIP requirements for entities and fiduciary accounts, including compliance with the Beneficial Ownership Rule
• Banking hemp growers, manufacturers and distributors
• Identification of common customer scams
• Combating employee fraud
• Regulatory enforcement actions
All participants will receive a copy of the Wipfli BSA Policy and gain an understanding of what a comprehensive written program should include. Sessions will be interactive, with ample opportunity for questions and answers about your most pressing BSA concerns.
BSA Workshop Assessing and Managing Risk
Advanced Preparation: None
Level: Intermediate/Advanced Instructional
Prerequisite: Basic BSA Knowledge/Attend Mastering the Basics Webinar
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
CPE: 6.5 credits
1. Identify and select best practice requirements for a comprehensive risk assessment.
2. Complete CTRs and SARs for complex scenarios.
3. Recognize how to identify, monitor and report suspicious activity via an automated surveillance system.
4. Apply and implement requirements of the beneficial ownership customer due diligence rule.
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Wipfli LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the national Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
Instructional Delivery: Online Webinar. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaint, cancellation*, and refund policies, please contact Mary Boortz at 715.858.6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration fees include:
- Up to 6.5 CPE credits in accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. CPE credits are granted based on a 50-minute hour.
- All participants will receive a copy of the Wipfli BSA Policy and gain an understanding of what a comprehensive written program should include.
- Reference materials (any PowerPoint presentations and/or additional references).
Cancellations made after March 19, 2019 will be charged $100 per person cancellation fee. If you cancel, you may send a substitute from your organization. Participants who register but neither attend nor cancel are charged for their full registration fee. Call Mary Boortz at 715.858.6677 for questions about this policy.