Head Start/Early Head Start Regulation Boot Camp
1/12/2021 12:30 PM - 1/14/2021 04:00 PM (CT)
Type: Live Webinar
CPE Credits: 10.5
Seats Remaining: 1000
You asked, and we answered. Based on your feedback, we took our large-group training and built this online boot camp to blend regulations, best practices and action planning with the opportunity to ask your questions.
If you are new, if you have been around a while and want a refresher, if you are program oriented, if you are fiscal oriented — welcome. There will be something for everyone.
HS and EHS are some of the largest federally funded programs. The Head Start Act and the Head Start Program Performance Standards (HSPPS) contain pages and pages of guidelines that HS/EHS programs need to follow to stay in compliance. The goal is to help you get comfortable with what HS/EHS programs need to follow to stay in compliance.
Participants declare Wipfli training “empowering,” “outstanding,” “meaningful,” “invaluable” and “relevant.” Join us from the comfort of your location. Sign up today!
Regular rate: $825 per person.
*Wipfli accepts AmEx, Discover, Visa and Mastercard.
Registration fees include:
- Up to 10.5 CPE credits in accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. CPE credits are granted based on a 50-minute hour.
- Reference materials (any PowerPoint presentations and/or additional references) available for download.
Cancellations made after December 29, 2020, will be charged a $100-per-person cancellation fee. If you cancel, you may send a substitute from your organization. Participants who register but neither attend nor cancel are charged for their full registration fee. Call 888.876.4992 for questions about this policy.
Tuesday, January 12, 2021
12:30 pm – 4 p.m. CT:
HS History, Regulations HS Follows, and Governance
The Culture of Safety and Continuous Improvement
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
12:30 pm – 4 p.m. CT:
HR Compliance in HS
Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment, Attendance (ERSEA)
Thursday, January 14, 2021
12:30 pm – 4 p.m. CT:
Program Design (Health, Nutrition, Parent Involvement, Ratios, etc.)
Community Involvement aka In-Kind and Wrap-Up
Training Workshop Outline
10.5-Hour Virtual Head Start Boot Camp
Advanced Preparation: None
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
CPE*: 10.5 credits
When you are implementing these regulations, there are numerous things to consider, including how decisions impact your program. In this boot camp, we will explore the Head Start Act and give you time to learn where to find information and dig into the details once you are back at the office. And since the Head Start Act goes hand-in-hand with the HSPPS, we will explore the highlights of all of the HSPPS (45 CFR Parts 1301-1305). And though this is not a two-day Uniform Guidance (UG) training, we will certainly highlight areas of the UG regulations (45 CFR Part 75) in the areas of allowable costs and procurement.
The goal is to help you get comfortable with what HS/EHS programs need to follow to stay in compliance. We will pay special attention to the following areas:
- Definitions (They sometimes differ depending on the regulation.)
- Administrative requirements (administrative limitations, spending of federal funds, nonfederal match [aka in-kind])
- Power and functions (governing body, policy council, policy committees, administrative reports)
- ERSEA (eligibility, recruitment, selection, enrollment, attendance)
- Records (what to keep, how to keep them and for how long)
- Qualifications and wages (background check, minimum staff requirements)
From running the program to working with the board and policy council to collaborating with the fiscal department, this boot camp will help you discover action items to take back to the program to help you get up to speed and make an impact.
- Explore how the Head Start Act and the HSPPS impact each other and your program.
- Discuss how working with each department enhances the overall impact of the program.
- Take away ideas, thoughts and best practices of ongoing leadership about these requirements.
You will receive the webinar access information from GoToWebinar upon registration as well as reminders one day and one hour prior to the training. Materials will be available 24 hours before. A link to access them will be in the email.REGISTER NOW