Proactive and specialized tax services.
When it comes to managing the tax challenges of financial institutions, Wipfli takes a proactive approach — working with you to develop strategies that meet your short and long-term needs.
Our tax professionals have in-depth, specialized knowledge of the financial institutions industry. Tax treatment of loan and lease losses, mortgage servicing rights, investment portfolios, repossessed property, and deferred compensation/BOLI arrangements — these are just some of the tax challenges and opportunities that impact financial institutions. Let Wipfli provide you with proactive tax planning and consultation, compliance and audit assistance to help overcome your biggest challenges.
In addition to traditional tax services, we have extensive tax experience in the following areas:
- State and local income, sales and use property taxes
- Pass-through entity tax regime analysis and implementation
- Entity analysis and selection
- Financial institution mergers and acquisitions
- Accounting for income taxes
- 1099 and other information reporting
- Employee benefits tax issues
- Cost segregation studies tailored to financial institutions
Contact us to learn more.
Featured Thought Leader
Jason J. Wimmer, CPA, MBT
Jason Wimmer is a tax partner with Wipfli LLP’s financial institutions practice. Jason uses his skills to ensure that clients receive accurate and timely income tax planning and compliance services. He uses his understanding of complex tax laws to maximize tax opportunities for clients.
Insights and resources
- More states enacting SALT workarounds for S-corporation banks
- Can banks qualify for the employee retention credit?
- Lease accounting standards and their tax impact on financial institutions
- 2021 tax forms will drive more S corporation shareholders to seek tax basis info
- Tax considerations in uncertain economy for financial institutions