Cleaning up and looking forward for 2022
Jan 03, 2022
By: Tammy T. Jelinek
Though 2021 went by at the speed of light, I like the end of the year. It’s a time for cleanup.
Clean out old files, and store or delete what is no longer needed. Clear your desk of clutter. Clean out your computer, too. Get a clean start for the new year.
The physical cleaning feels good, but the mental cleaning is helpful as well.
- Clean out old assumptions of people and allow new and fresh relationships to build.
- Clean out the thoughts of what did not get done. Look forward to what will be done in the next year.
- Clean out negative and limiting language to yourself and to others.
- Clean out the “we’ve always done it this way and it’s comfortable” to “we can try this idea and see if it’s better.”
- Clean out the pressure of perfection and embrace the idea that it needs to get done and we can fix as we go.
- Clean out the old to allow in the new.
Someone once said you can’t shake a fist with a closed hand. Someone else said you can’t get something without an open palm. You get the drift.
Forward is being open to what is next. It’s looking forward to the change you can and can’t control. It’s cleaning out what holds you back and allowing what will propel you forward in.
Ask your team (and yourself) what they’d like to stop doing, what they’d change and what they’d like to start doing moving forward. I’d love to hear what you all come up with, so please share.