April 1: Wipfli calls on manufacturers to help combat shortages in COVID-19 crisis
Wednesday, April 1, 2020
Wipfli, a top 20 accounting and consulting firm, is helping rally manufacturers to support national efforts to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
Essential personal protection equipment is especially in short supply, including:
- Protective eyewear/goggles
- Face shields
- N95 masks/respirators
- Shoe covers
- Disinfectant/hand sanitizer
Whether it’s by pivoting to start production of these items or by lending labor, equipment or materials, manufacturers represent the best hope the U.S. has in helping healthcare professionals control and combat the coronavirus pandemic. Wipfli is calling upon manufacturers who can provide or produce these essential items to help meet the shortage challenges head on.
Organizations across the U.S. are helping identify manufacturers that are interested and able to provide assistance:
- GEORGIA: The Georgia Manufacturing Alliance’s Manufacturing Taskforce is designed to be a central collection point for critical information in the “war on coronavirus.”
- IDAHO: The Southwest Idaho Manufacturers’ Alliance is actively communicating sourcing requests and matching companies who can potentially fill needs.
- ILLINOIS: The Illinois Manufacturers Association is requesting essential supplies.
- MAINE: The Manufacturers Association of Maine is working with the Maine Health Supply Chain Technical Team to connect companies who can help produce items in demand. Contact Lisa Martin at email@example.com for more information.
- MONTANA: The Montana Manufacturing Extension Center is collecting information from manufacturers who have the ability to assist with items of critical need, as well as health providers and emergency responders in need of manufactured products to safeguard employees or the public.
- WISCONSIN: WMEP Manufacturing Solutions is helping to identify companies that are able to or could be reconfigured to help increase production of items in short supply. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.