BSA – Advanced Topics and Emerging Trends webcast
4/20/2021 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM (CT)
Type: Live Webinar
Industry: Financial Institutions
Seats Remaining: 250
Name: Mary Boortz
This workshop is designed to be a higher-level overview of the day-to-day responsibilities of the BSA officer and is dedicated to emerging hot topics and trends that face the banking industry. We will cover the areas needed to provide you a good understanding of your roles and responsibilities and what examiner expectations of this position are, including:
- Overview of the AMLA Act of 2020
- Risk-based BSA exams of the future
- Banking cannabis
- Updated CDD/EDD expectations
- Online account opening
- Managing remote audits
- Regulatory enforcement actions
All participants will receive an updated copy of the Wipfli BSA/AML Policy, which includes a comprehensive cannabis (hemp and marijuana) policy.
“This was a great event filled with lots of good information. It was a refresher on some things, and on others I learned something new.” Michelle Crisp, The Bank of South Carolina
“This two-part BSA workshop remains my favorite each year.” Carrie Ewers, Providence Bank & Trust
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. CT with one-hour lunch break at noon
Who should attend?
BSA officers, backup BSA officers, compliance officers and internal auditors
Registration fees include:
- Up to 6.5 CPE credits in accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. CPE credits are granted based on a 50-minute hour.
- All participants will receive a copy of the Wipfli BSA Policy and gain an understanding of what a comprehensive written program should include.
- Reference materials (any PowerPoint presentations and/or additional references).
Cancellations made after April 1, 2021, will be charged $100-per-person cancellation fee. Participants who register but neither attend nor cancel are charged for their full registration fee. Call Mary Boortz at 715.858.6677 for questions about this policy.
Interested in learning more or registering for our BSA Workshop: Mastering the Basics webcast?
Training Workshop Outline
Advanced Preparation: None
Prerequisite: Mastering the Basics/Attended Mastering the Basics webcast
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
CPE*: 6.5 credits
The goal is to help you get comfortable with what BSA programs need to follow to stay in compliance. We will pay special attention to the following areas:
- Roles and responsibilities of a BSA officer
- CTR and SAR changes
- Completion of comprehensive SAR investigations
- Understanding of the importance of due diligence collection
- High-risk monitoring
- Preparation for for a BSA regulatory examination
- Develop a risk-based BSA program.
- Understand the risks and rewards of cannabis banking.
- Prepare for upcoming BSA/AML regulatory changes.
*Certificate of Participation and CPE credit
- Each person attending the live webinar is eligible to receive a Certificate of Participation/Continuing Professional Education (CPE).
- To receive a Certificate of Participation/CPE, participants must answer all the interactive polling questions presented throughout the webinar; participants will have approximately 30 seconds to respond to the questions.
- Upon receipt, the information will be verified, and if it’s accepted, you will receive a Certificate of Participation via email within 14 business days of the webinar presentation.
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Wipfli LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the national Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
Instructional Delivery: Group Internet-Based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaint, cancellation and refund policies, please contact our offices at 800.486.3454.