BSA – Mastering the Basics webcast
4/6/2021 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM (CT)
Type: Live Webinar
Industry: Financial Institutions
Seats Remaining: 414
Name: Mary Boortz
This workshop is perfect for the BSA officer who is new to the position or for BSA compliance staff who serve as backup to the BSA officer. We will cover all areas needed to gain a good understanding of the roles and responsibilities of this position, including a discussion of CTR and SAR changes, completion of comprehensive SAR investigations, understanding of the importance of due diligence collection and high-risk monitoring and tips to prepare for a BSA regulatory examination.
The webinar will be interactive, with ample opportunity for questions and answers about your most pressing BSA concerns. It is great as a standalone or in preparation for the advanced BSA webinar.
“Knowledgeable in all aspects of the BSA and current exam findings and procedures.” Nicole Cassady, First Bank of Manhattan
“I found it extremely informative and interesting. The presenters communicate the information in a manner that makes it easy to follow and encourage participants to ask questions. Excellent for those who are new to BSA as well as those who have some experience with BSA.” Brenda Chester, Waterman State Bank
All participants will receive an updated copy of the Wipfli BSA/AML Policy, which includes a comprehensive cannabis (hemp and marijuana) policy.
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. CT with one-hour lunch break at noon
Who should attend?
BSA officers, backup BSA officers, compliance officers and internal auditors.
$299 per person
Interested in learning more or registering for our BSA – Advanced Topics and Emerging Trends webcast?
Registration fees include:
- Up to 6.5 CPE credits in accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. CPE credits are granted based on a 50-minute hour.
- Reference materials (any PowerPoint presentations and/or additional references).
Cancellations made after April 1, 2021, will be charged a $100-per-person cancellation fee. Participants who register but neither attend nor cancel are charged for their full registration fee. Call Mary Boortz at 715.858.6677 for questions about this policy.
Training Workshop Outline
Advanced Preparation: None
Level: Basic Instructional
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
*CPE: 6.5 credits
The goal is to help you get comfortable with what BSA programs need to follow to stay in compliance. We will pay special attention to the following areas:
- Roles and responsibilities of a BSA officer
- CTR and SAR changes
- Completion of comprehensive SAR investigations
- Understanding of the importance of due diligence collection
- High-risk monitoring
- Preparation for a BSA regulatory examination
- Properly prepare complex CTRs
- Collect due diligence to assist with high risk monitoring
- Documenting a comprehensive SAR investigation and narrative
- Prepare for a successful regulatory examination
*Certificate of Participation and CPE credit
- Each person attending the live webinar is eligible to receive a Certificate of Participation/Continuing Professional Education (CPE).
- To receive a Certificate of Participation/CPE, participants must answer all the interactive polling questions presented throughout the webinar; participants will have approximately 30 seconds to respond to the questions.
- Upon receipt, the information will be verified, and if it’s accepted, you will receive a Certificate of Participation via email within 14 business days of the webinar presentation.
National Registry of CPE Sponsors: Wipfli LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the national Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
Instructional Delivery: Group Internet-Based. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaint, cancellation and refund policies, please contact our offices at 800.486.3454.